Skip to main content

Coconut: Not Just Great for Hula Bras & Tourist Trap Monkey Tsotchkes





When my Mom was a little girl, another little girl told her she had "monkeys" at her house. She told my mother to come over to see them. My mother said, "You're kidding me! You couldn't have real monkeys at your house." The little girl told her emphatically, "Yes! I do! They are real monkeys-not fake. Come to my house!" So my mother went to her house and the monkeys were "coconut monkeys." My mother and I were in an antique store one time, just a few years before she passed away, and I spotted some of these souvenir "Coconut Monkeys." I pointed them out to my mother and she told me her kooky story.

I now regularly use coconut oil for cooking, (my kitchen cabinet contains coconut oil, peanut oil, and olive oil), and raw apple cider vinegar. So it kind of comes as no shock to me that an "e book" called "The Coconut Oil Secret" is a top seller. For a very low price you receive that and two other "Special Reports" downloads called "20 Cleansing and Anti-Aging Ways to Use Coconut Oil" and "11 Super Delicious and Super Healthy Coconut Oil Recipes." I'm not surprised at the popularity of the book as I have thoroughly enjoyed joining the "coconut oil revolution" myself in the last year or so.

I especially love using coconut oil when I am cooking "India" or other "Asian" type foods as it lends itself so easily to those other flavors. I use "Bragg's Aminos" in lieu of Soy Sauce and also find a splash of the "Bragg's Raw Apple Cider Vinegar" really lends itself well to Chinese or Hawaiian type recipes. The oil also lends itself well to baking and desserts and who could argue about the way coconut just sets off chocolate or bananas, etc.

  • The unique quality that helps coconut oil readily fight viruses, bacteria and even yeast!
  • The special reason The Health and Science Institute proves coconut oil can promote colon health!
  • A complete list of parasites, infections, and viruses that coconut oil has been shown to be effective against!
  • The recommended dosage of coconut oil to consume, based on weight, for health purposes!
  • And so much more!

Anyway, hope you get a copy of this health info. I've been reading about natural health for years. The more you know the better off you'll be.

Get your Coconut oil book and two special reports at this link: "The Coconut Oil Secret"

Popular posts from this blog

JOHANNA WHITE: VERSATILE AMERICAN DANCE STAR WHOSE LIFE WAS BITTERSWEET, DEAD AT 84

Johanna White was born in WV in 1927 to James and Lee White. From an early age her home was filled with music as her father was a dancer, singer and musician, along with his brother Roscoe, in the "White Family String Band." From her father she learned Appalachian and "soft shoe" type dance, plus waltzes, polkas, and "The Charleston." As a child of the "great depression," she was enchanted with images from Hollywood and found inspiration in Shirley Temple. Formal training in tap and acrobatic began at age seven with Alma Ellison Britt in Charleston. WV. A favorite dance she did in recital was a recreation of Shirley Temple's "In Our Little Wooden Shoes." (Johanna also suspected, but was not sure about her Roma Gypsy heritage, as her father also had a repertoire of Gypsy songs from a few different regions and her Aunt was passionate about and learned a tradition of fortune telling with cards from their Grandmother. Roma male

"The Mystery of Aris San": A Brief Memory of the "Sirocco" and it's Remarkable Owner

When I was twelve or thirteen years old we were hired by Aris San to perform at his club "Sirocco" which was literally straight across town from the now defunct "Greektown 8th Avenue" district which was on West 29th St. The old Armenian Quarter was also not far from there on the East Side. My mother was already having woes with the NYC school board over the right to home school me and we were thinking of leaving town at the time. Our joint shows at the time involved "Laziko" with fire on our heads as an opening-if I'm not mistaken-we opened with that at his place. I remember my mother saying this nightclub was oft a hangout for the actor Anthony Quinn (I've since heard that Telly Savalas also frequented the place). I also remembered a musician with what seemed to almost be what they refer to now as a "Jewfro." I remember the audience was great and we were treated well by the management even though I was not fully aware what a huge

With a "Thong" in my Heart: 1980's High Cut Turkish Belly Dance Costumes

"With a thong in my heart!"....well...not really. I was a young teenager belly dancing in the 80's and 90's but for some reason this style never made it my way. Maybe because my mother Johanna was from the 1960's scene in New York and you just did not wear that "hi-cut" a costume. But, in some ways, I admit that this later trend did happen to flatter the "gams" if you had any to "show off" and gave the legs a longer appearance. One dancer that I really admire is Zinnur Karaca. She seemed to come along when this was in vogue. She's a great dancer, with or without a "hi-cut" costume belt and skirt. Zinnur Karaca Tukay Karaca